This might be surprising to you that you basically spend nearly 2900 hours of your precious life on the mattress you use daily, but in an average year. This clearly implies that its efficiency is eliminated by every minute you use it. Well, you might be thinking presently how long you should keep a mattress, right?
Causing of lower back pain is one of the main reasons that you shouldn’t keep your old mattress. If you understand that your mattress’ lifespan can spare you from medical bills and annoying nights, then you will better understand it.
How long should you keep a mattress?
But still, the question is how long should you keep mattress? Different types of mattresses come with different periods of lifespan. We will recommend you to keep a mattress only for 5-7 years. However, some mattress brands are so good that they can be used for 8-10 years also. But after that, every mattress becomes uncomfortable to lie on. According to a survey, the average lifespan of mattresses are as follows:
- Latex mattress: 8 years
- Memory foam mattress: 7-8 years
- Futon mattress: 4-5 years
- Waterbed mattress: 8-9 years
- Innerspring mattress: 6-7 years
- Air bed mattress: 9-10 years
By this idea, you can understand now how long you should keep a mattress.
Why do you need to change?
Aside from basic tear and wear, you should change your mattress for many other reasons. After many years of usage, your mattress acquires dust mites, dead skin etc. which can simply cause allergic reactions to your body. So, if you change your mattress after few years, it will impact your sleep’s quality as well as your life’s quality.
Read more: How to buy natural latex mattress toppers ?
How to take care of mattress for long-lasting:
- Use a mattress protector from starting
- Ensure your mattress is nicely supported
- Keep pets away from your bed
- Wash bed linens daily
- Rotate your mattress daily
Improve health and best sleep:
As of now, you know that a comfortable mattress is required for having a comfortable sleep. Sometimes, you spend lots of money on luxury. But mattress is a thing which is necessary to keep you healthy. So, in that case, you can spend some more in terms of your health, right? Even it is great for the allergy sufferers to change their mattress timely, as the old mattress causes various kinds of allergic reactions. So, changing your old mattress will enhance your health and offer you the best sleep.
- Offers best sleep
- Help get rid of allergic reactions
- Reduces body pain
- Keeps you stress-free
- Little expensive
Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress, Queen:
The 12-inch Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea Mattress comes with medium firmness and offers you a comfortable better night’s sleep. More than 2300 positive reviews regarding this product you can find online. With this unique 12-inch premium quality foam mattress, you will feel like your body is simply floating on air. This mattress is made of high-density, heat-sensitive therapeutic memory foam which immediately reacts to your body weight by gently adjusting to the curves of your body. This 12-inch mattress is ideal for side and back sleepers. Its foam is resistant to dust mites and antimicrobial as well.
Zinus Memory Foam 12” Green Tea Mattress comes with most amazing features:
- 3-layer construction – 3” superior quality memory foam extracted from real latex, 3” ventilated air-cool foam and 6” HD supportive base foam
- Premium polyester cover which is both removable and washable
- Low-emission CertiPur-US certified foam
- Made of exclusive high-density and heat-sensitive Theratouch memory foam
- Immediately responds to the body weight and shape
- Naturally antimicrobial and resistant to dust mites
- Back and side sleepers friendly
This eco-friendly mattress is available in six different sizes – Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King.
- A perfect mattress for both side and back sleepers
- Takes no time in responding to the body weight and shape together
- Molds the body curves
- Antimicrobial and resistant to dust mites
- Amazingly durable and environment-friendly
- Formaldehyde free
- Slightly firmer than you actually expected
- A little bit weak inflation
A mattress’ longevity depends on many factors such as its original quality and the amount of usage; however, a mattress should be kept for 7 years only so that it can offer you the best support and comfort. So, it’s a decent idea to change your mattress over time and try the newer models every few years.